This simple zucchini bread recipe will get you baking in no time! Bursting with flavor and easy to make, it’s a great way to use leftover zucchini for a sweet treat. First, let me answer two questions
- Do you have to peel the zucchini?
No, you do not have to peel the zucchini before making zucchini bread. Just wash it, cut off the ends and grate!
- Should you squeeze excess water from grated zucchini?
Yes, you should squeeze the zucchini before adding it to the batter. Zucchini naturally contains a lot of water in it. Simply leave the grated zucchini in a bowl and all the water will accumulate at the bottom. Squeeze as much of the water out as possible.
NOW let’s get to the recipe;
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil (or you can substitute applesauce for half of the oil)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flowers
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups grated zucchini (or add a little more)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease 2 8X4 pans or 6 mini loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 325*
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg & cinnamon together and set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar & vanilla together in a large bowl
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well
- Grate zucchini (remember to squeeze out the water) and stir into mixture with nuts and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared cooking trays and bake for 40-60 minutes (mini loaf pans can take 35-40 minutes)
- Cool for 20 minutes and ENJOY